Many people are not aware that it is the property owners’ responsibility rather than the county’s or townships’ responsibility to maintain storm ditches or pipes on their property. Here are some things you can do to prevent drainage problem.
1. Not all soil is the same! Your soil can be different than your neighbor’s soil.
2. Have a better lawn or garden than your neighbor! You will know what your grass and plants need!
3. Soil tests are inexpensive! It is just $15 for a professional test. You only need to test your soil every 2 to 3 years.
4. Helps Control Pests! It is an effective way to control weeds, insects and disease without pesticides. Many of these pests are the result of nutrient imbalances or other problems in the soil.
5. Correctly fix the problems! Have a bare spot that nothing will grow in, or wonder why your tomatoes have yellow leaves, now you will be able to fix the problem.
6. Soil testing saves time! You will know how often and what fertilizer to use
7. Soil testing saves money! This means less money spent on fertilizers and amounts that you don’t need.
8. Protects against water pollution! Fertilizers can harm local streams, ponds, lakes and rivers. You will be using just what your plants need.
Find out more information by calling Clermont County OSU Extension Office at 513-732-7070.
Have you been wondering about all the orange barrels, detours and road construction work that is going on in the Eastgate area? This website will be helpful in getting information out to you as a commuter.
It's www.goclermont.org and it explains, in pretty good detail, what is being done, the theory behind the changes, and how your commute will change once the projects are complete.
From Left to Right Jennifer Haley, Bill Dowdney, James E. Sauls, Jr. and Randy Perry