Many people are not aware that it is the property owners' responsibility rather than the county’s or townships’ responsibility to maintain storm ditches or pipes on their property. Here are some things you can do to prevent drainage problem.
The winter season may bring some slippery roads and our Service Department works hard to keep the roads clear, however if you encounter slippery roads please do the following:
• Decrease your speed and leave plenty of room to stop.
• Brake gently to avoid skidding
• Watch out for black ice which is a condition where a thin layer of water can freeze on the roadway. The layer is so thin that it appears that the road is only wet and very dangerous
• Use lower gears to keep traction especially on hills
• Be especially careful on bridges, overpasses and infrequently traveled roads, which will likely freeze first.
• Don’t pass snow plows or salting trucks, you are likely to find the road in front of the truck worse than the road behind the truck.
• Never assume your vehicle can handle all road conditions. Even four-wheel drive vehicles can encounter trouble on winter roads
• Make sure your car has plenty of fuel and remember to take your mobile phone along
If you see a road that is not being cleared of snow or ice please contact our Service Department at 513-732-1363.
The Batavia Township Board of Trustees and Santa Klaus would like to invite you to the annual Christmas Tree Lighting at the Township Community Center. The lighting will be held on Monday, December 1st at 6 PM.
Members of the Batavia Elementary Choir will fill the room with Christmas songs and even a special sing-along right up to the time when everyone counts down to the special moment when Santa throws the switch that turns on the lights on the Community Christmas Tree. Punch and cookies will be served and Santa will have time for photographs so please make sure you bring your cameras.
From Left to Right Jennifer Haley, Bill Dowdney, James E. Sauls, Jr. and Randy Perry